- Make sure to include payment information (credit card) on the Request for Position. Cost per vehicle will be determined based on position requested and availability. GAA will charge your credit card once both GAA & the consignor have acknowledged the position.
- GAA will take all requests into consideration when assigning position. Upon receipt of your information GAA will assign lot number(s).
- GAA will contact you at the phone number(s) you provide to confirm your request and to provide you with a user name and password to use on the website. This will give you access to the area of the site where you can upload your vehicles information and pictures.
- Upon the determination of position GAA will mail a SELLERS KIT, that will includes important additional information, please read everything in this kit. This kit will be sent to your attention at the address you provide on your request for position form(s).
- Please sign, initial & complete any enclosed forms and either email or fax them at your earliest convenience.
- GAA requires original paperwork and your vehicle title(s) be in our offices on or by June 21, 2013. GAA will provide you with a FEDEX label to assist you with sending your signed paperwork and titles to our registration offices.
- Titles must be received on or by June 21, 2013 . Your titles will be verified against the request for position forms and the vehicle.
- Once you have received confirmation of your vehicle(s) lot number you can then visit our website to enter the specific information on each vehicle including up to eight (8) photos into our consignment database.
- To do this go to gaaclassiccars.com, in the top right corner click “LOGIN”. Here you will enter the user name and password we assigned to you. From here select the sell a car tab, select my cars, and click on the button that says “add new listing”. Here you can enter your vehicle information including up to eight (8) photos.
- Please be aware that photos will be used for both the website and a sales catalog. Greensboro Auto Auction provides “Photo Tips” (attached here) to help ensure that your vehicle is presented in the best possible light.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT PROCESS
Make arrangements to get your vehicles to the selling facility during the check in dates & times. This information was included in your Sellers Kit and is also available online.
- Check in dates will be Tuesday July 17 thru Wednesday July 24th during regular business hours (8am – 5pm).
- No vehicles will be checked in on Sunday July 21st.
- When vehicles arrive at the Palace facilities (301 Norwalk St, Greensboro) the guard will direct you where to unload the vehicles, please make sure the "CHECK IN" form is visible in the vehicle, either on the dash or in the front seat.
- If you have completed all the pertinent paperwork and sent your title in prior to arrival this will simply be a confirmation process.
- If you have not completed all the paperwork that was sent to you or you have not sent in your title prior to your arrival, you will need to meet with office personnel and await a vin inspection of your vehicle.
- A GAA Staffer will do a VIN Inspection on your vehicle and if everything is confimred your vehicle will parked for the sale.
- Any vehicle documentation should be turned into the registration office. DO NOT leave any vehicle documentation in the vehicle.
- CHECK OUT or vehicle removal. GAA would like to ask that you consider that this sale/show is billed to the public to attract local attention. With that we would like for there to be as many vehicles on the premises as possible throughout the duration of the sale. If you must remove your vehicle, the determining factor for that will dependent on the location of the vehicle. If the vehicle is outside the physical building, that vehicle can be as removed as early as Friday at the close of the sale. If the vehicle is in the sale building, we will not be releasing those vehicles until Saturday after the sale has closed. This is a safety and logistical issue. If you need to discuss making special arrangments you may contact our us to inquire. We will take your situation into consideration.
- Sellers should be present during the sale of their vehicle(s). Sellers should make their presence known to the auctioneer/ring man and be available while your vehicle(s) are on the block.
If you have questions you are welcome to contact at us at