PHOTO TAKING TIPS
Greensboro Auto Auction Inc dba Greensboro Classic Cars, provides these guidelines/tips as a way to assist you with ensuring that your vehicle is represented in the best light possible. Remember, a picture can speak a thousand words.
These photos will be used for both the website as well as advertising that could include the sales catalog and other advertising in flyers, magazines.
You can submit photos on our website when you are entering your vehicle by simple
- Login with your user name and password we assigned you upon confirmation of position
- Go to the "Sell A Car'' tab
- Select "My Cars"
- Click on the button to "Add New Listing"
- Here you can submit all the information on your vehicle as well as up to eight (8) photos of your vehicle.
Size – to ensure quality photos, the minimum size is 1.5 Mb, maximum file size is 5Mb, 400 x 300.
Make sure your date/time stamp is turned off on your camera.
Do not crop or edit your pictures before sending to us, this could cause distortion of your photo and ultimately your vehicle.
Polaroids, low res digital photos and photos printed on paper will not be accepted.
TIPS ON HOW TO ENSURE A QUALITY PHOTO:
Make sure your vehicle is the focus of the photo.Low camera position – level with the vehicle gives the most even shot of the vehicleKeep the background clean and clutter free.Try to take the photo of the vehicle on pavement/asphalt/concrete.We recommend taking photos outside as natural light provides the best lighting.Take the picture with the sun at your back, this will provide proper shadowing and will better highlight the vehicleWe suggest the following list of photos:
- A good full side shot from nose to tail down the right side of the vehicle
- A good full side shot from nose to tail down the left side of the vehicle
- A nose shot
- An interior shot from the front to the rear/back seat area
- A rear/tail shot
- Cargo area shot if applicable
- Engine shot
- A detail shot or anything special you want to show about the vehicle